Sunday 28 February 2016

SD Card Malfunction

The day after we had done our filming in January, I went to upload the images onto my computer and when I opened the files it told me that there was nothing on the SD card. I downloaded a software to see if I could recover the files at home but it was able to get back all the images from my camera, but no videos.

Due to the recovery not working we were all really upset as we had lost our best footage but we knew that we had to make plans to re-shoot the whole of our film opening. We made plans to re-shoot a few weeks later when we were all available but on the day of shooting Beth was very ill so was not able to make it. With the deadline approaching my Mum suggested that we took my SD card to London Camera Exchange to see if they could retrieve the files as we did not know how long Beth was going to be ill for and because she was our main character we needed her to be there.

When we took it to London Camera Exchange I explained to the my situation with our film and they said they would see what they could do. On the Monday we had a phone call from them to say that they had recovered around 50 video files that hadn't been recovered before.

I was so pleased when I looked through the files and found everything that we had lost. Apart from two clips that we couldn't play everything was there and we started editing the film the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment